11 Logistics Jobs in Dar es salaam-Job opportunity at MDH
Position: 11 Logistics Officers at MDH
Dar es Salaam
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks a qualified individual to fill the position below.
MDH in collaboration with Dar es Salaam City Council; Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils invite suitable candidates to apply for Logistics Officer position as follows:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Reports to : Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect specimen from health facilities to the lab and test results from the lab to facilities.
- Assist with distributing of tools, supplies and equipment to health facilities and required destinations.
- Drive carefully at all times and ensure personal safety and that of the motorcycle.
- Carry out periodic motorcycle checks to determine and report maintenance needs timely.
- Ensure that the motorcycle is in good condition at all times
- Indicate up to date motorcycle fuel and service costs records and ensure all required motorcycle reports are done accurately and submitted timely.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor/ Transport officer/ Site Manager.
- 11 Logistics Officers at MDH
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
- A minimum of Secondary School Education, with good passes in English and Kiswahili.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili is essential.
- Driving Certificate from a recognized institution, VETA Certificate is an added advantage.
- Valid driving license of classes, ‘A’. License class ‘B’ is an added advantage
- At least three (3) years of experience in driving with public or private sector.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle.
- Honest, Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Self-confident with demonstrable innovativeness and proven good record of integrity.
- Ability to record and keep trip information as trained.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours including weekends.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to abrupt changes in Project needs at short notices
Applications should be submitted by 26th September, 2022 to the MDH recruitment portal
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates.
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
- Address Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, ,Tanzania
- Salary Offers negotiable USD negotiable Month