2 New Job opportunity at Tanzania Tourist Board (TTB)
Dar es Salaam
Tanzania Tourist Board (TTB)
Tanzania Tourist Board is a government organisation which was legally established under Tanzania Tourist Board act, CAP 364 of 1962 .
2 Job Opportunities at Tanzania Tourist Board (TTB)
1.0 BACKGROUND INFORMATION
On behalf of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism (MNRT), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS), invites dynamic, proactive, experienced and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill two (2) vacant posts of (i) The Director General of Tanzania Tourist Board, (ii) The Director of Marketing of Tanzania Tourist Board
TANZANIA TOURIST BOARD (TTB)
The Board was established by the Tanzania Tourist Board Act (CAP.364 R. E. 2002) as amended by Act No. 4 of 2018. The Board is legally mandated with the functions of promoting and developing all aspects of Tourism Industry in Tanzania. The following are detailed requirements for the posts:
POST: DIRECTOR GENERAL
EMPLOYER TANZANIA TOURIST BOARD (TTB) REPORTS TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
SUPERVISES HEADS OF DIRECTORATES AND UNITS
Visionary,Strategic thinker,Scenario Analyst and Planner;
- Business Continuity Mindset;
- High level of integrity to sustain the institution’s credibility within the context of national, regional and international corporate governance principles, frameworks and practices;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public relations and customer relationship skills;
- High level of business acumen, commercial awareness and entrepreneurship skills;
- Capacity to analyse and interpret big data and make sound decisions in complex and competitive environments
- Excellent Risk Management skills;
- Ability to build teams, foster team spirit, oversee and lead teams with diverse discplines and expertise and unify their efforts in promotion and development of tourism industry;
- Excellent performance management skills
- Ability to create value proposition for domestic, regional and international tourism industry clients and stakeholders;
- Proven Service Marketing skills for promotion of the Tanzania tourism industry domestically, regionally and internationally;
- Knowledge of national, regional and international tourism industry practices;
- Understanding of public policies, laws and regulations related to domestic, regional and international tourism industry;
- Ability to interpret policy objectives for the establishment of Tanzania Tourist Board, the country development agenda, economic policies and the Board’s position in implementation of the national policies, agenda and any emerging issues in the tourism industry;
- Ability to innovate and create tourism industry solutions to high end, mid end, low end and emerging markets; and Strong resource mobilization and negotiation skills.
Manage, transform and develop the Tanzania Tourist Board and the Tanzania tourism industry to be domestically, regionally and internationally competitive within the context of its Vision, Mission and objectives in accordance with the national policies, national development agenda, state laws and emerging issues in the global tourism industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing Strategic Plans, Annual Plans and Budgets taking into account the Board’s Vision and Mission with the aim of developing the institutional capacity with a view to make TTB effective and efficient;
- Developing Board’s policies and ensure their implementation;
- Administering all activities related with promotion of Tourism within and outside of the country of Tanzania in collaboration with Tour operators;
- Administering and review operations and the implementation of the operational plans for all functional Directorates and Unit
- Liasing with the government and the donor community through the ministry responsible for tourism, the treasury and other state organs on tourism matters;
- Chief spokesman of the Board and ensuring a conducive public and industrial relations (PR) environment and a good image for the Board;
- Developing and initiating revision in the Organizational Structure and make it more efficient in compliance with the Tourist Board Act and other relevant legislations;
- Submiting to the Board quarterly and semi-annually reports in respect to the status of performance, revenue and expenditure;
- Preparing and submiting estimates of income and expenditure to the Board for its consideration for the subsequent year not later than three months before the end of each financial
- Ensuring the Board’s initiatives are consistent with Government policies;
- Submitting to the Board at the end of every three months a report containing:-
a) Performance Indicators and other related information;
b) The operations of the Board;
c) Such other information as the Board may deem proper.
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring subordinates to ensure their performance is aligned with the Board’s goals and objectives;
- Monitoring the implementation of the budget of the Board;
- Carrying out periodic staff performance review of subordinates; and
- Performing any other related duties as may be directed by the Board.
Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Tourism, Hospitality, Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce, International Business, Economics, Enterpreneurship, Human Resources Management, Public Administration, or Law from a recognized institution. Holding a PhD in any of the above field will be an added advantage.
Multilingual preferably Kiswahili and English. Knowledge of other languages such as French, Spanish, Arabic and Chinese will be an added advantage
Must have at least ten (10) years working experience in related industry, five (5) years of which should be in a Senior Management position in a reputable organisation.
Not more than fifty-five (55) years
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Contractual between Three (3) to five years renewable based on performance
APPLICATION TIME LINE
Twenty one (21) days from the date of the advertisement
- Address Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, ,Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month