Accounting Officer Jobs in Arusha
Our Client, a Tourism Company is looking for a qualified Accounting Officer who will be responsible in analyzing all financial activities, ensuring compliance with accounting and legal requirements, and preparing budgets.
- Correct authorization and allocation of business expenditure.
- Demonstrate and lead with an independent mind that is capable of questioning the need/requirement for proposed business expenditure and/or to consider that the determined value is reasonable, fair and within acceptable market ranges.
- Timely and accurate recording of transactions, whether on the Panstrat system or within manual systems such that transactions are recorded on a day to day basis.
- Prepare supplier payment requests.
- Interpretation and analysis of management accounts.
- Assist with payroll preparation and reconciliation.
- Collation and resolution of general ledger queries.
- Resolve all queries on balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage and update stock sheets.
- Meeting certain non-negotiable finance deadlines
- Provide timely feedback on management accounts to the Regional Finance Manager
- Driving monthly finance meetings to discuss financial performance – feedback of these meetings to be communicated to the Regional Finance Manager
- Oversee and assist in the compiling of budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist lodge managers/ Director with queries.
- Assisting with year-end audit.
- Reconciling various accounts including clearing accounts and inter lodge transactions.
- Manage and supervise all reports to ensure that their duties are performed in line with output requirements expected of the Accounting Office.
- Maintaining stock control procedures
- Actively assist with month-end stock takes.
- Actively monitor, formulate and updating the internal controls within the lodge and conduct documented internal audits and spot checks where necessary.
- Actively practice the principle of professional scepticism on a day to day basis.
- A duty to investigate and follow up any occurrence or suspected occurrences where the company has or may suffer losses
- Maintain a duty to ensure that company assets are, properly recorded, safeguarded and cared for by those responsible for their custody.
- Take full responsibility of petty cash, mobile wallets, company bank accounts
- Perform regular audits on safari shop systems and processes.
- Reviewing that expenditure is kept in line with budget.
- Ensure that accurate documentation is kept on record Training.
- Assist all staff with PanStrat.
- Assisting and training the lodge staff members in accounting principles.
- Review and train Front of House systems
- 3 Years finance degree or relevant qualification (preference will be given to candidates with a CPA)
- 3-4 years’ experience in managing accounting/finance.
- Microsoft Office Computer-literate.
- PanStrat experience preferable.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Analysis and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking – always maintain a high level of professional scepticism.
- Independent and confident to ask and/or question costs or decision.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork / collaboration.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Patience a must.
- Result orientated and deadline driven.
- Sound Ethical standard
- Address Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, ,Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month