Administrative Jobs opportunity at Ifakara Health Institute
Position: Program & Administrative Assistant – TMSA at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
Katavi September 28, 2022 NGO and Social Work Jobs
Position: Program & Administrative Assistant (1 post) – TMSA
Reports To: Administrative Officer
Work Station: Katavi
Apply By: October 11, 2022
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara Health Institute is seeking a Program & Administration Assistant to join the PMI | Tanzania Malaria Surveillance Activity (TMSA) team. The P&A Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support to the TMSA project activities in Katavi. The P&A Assistant will organize schedules for project field activities, establish activity budgets, and support the logistics for organized project activities in the region. The P&A Assistant will also be responsible for coordinating and supporting operations functions such as procurement of office supplies and office maintenance and managing project equipment in the Katavi region.
The PMI | Tanzania Malaria Surveillance Activity is a five-year program (August 2022 – August 2027) implemented by Ifakara Health Institute, which supports the Government of Tanzania (GOT) in reducing malaria burden and in moving towards malaria elimination. The Activity is made possible by the support of the American people through the US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The PMI | TMSA works with the GOT to reduce malaria burden and move towards the long-term goal of malaria elimination―while achieving USAID’s strategy to support institutional growth and capacity development for local institutions. The PMI | TMSA will address the urgent healthcare needs of malaria at-risk populations, especially vulnerable pregnant women and children under five, and support Tanzania partners to grow and execute malaria programs sustainably and successfully.
The PMI | TMSA project will primarily work to support both facility- and community-based malaria activities in all districts of Katavi region, as well as making contributions to the national malaria priorities through the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize project plans involving project staff and/or stakeholders in Katavi.
- Provide support to programmatic activities with guidance from Regional Program Manager, whilst ensuring timely delivery.
- Coordinate project training and meetings in Katavi region in collaboration with other program teams, including but not limited to training venue identification, and training facilities logistics arrangement.
- Organize, under the guidance of the Regional Manager, regular team meetings for planning and/or reviewing of project activities.
- Support development of activity budgets.
- Ensure all materials delivered to the regional office for project activities are distributed to sites accordingly.
- Coordinate, manage and order office supplies for the Katavi offices.
- Set up and maintain a filing system both electronic and hard copy for the project documents at the regional level.
- Compile and maintain an up-to-date inventory of all project reports and documents including monthly, and quarterly, activity reports and trip reports at the regional level.
- Establish and maintain a mini-resource center for the project, gathering and properly cataloging project information and other relevant resources.
- Develop and maintain asset registers for all project assets which are in Katavi and ensure timely maintenance of the assets.
- Ensure efficient and prompt operation of the reception and front office in general.
- Establish, update and maintain a contact list of project partners and ensure office communication is kept live.
- Supervise office attendants and ensure the office is clean all the time.
- Assist in setting up of office conference room and other logistics prior to meetings/training events and also arrange for refreshments as required.
- Verify staff claims forms before they are submitted to the account’s office for payments.
- Ensure availability and be the custodian of all institutional forms which are used for different activities.
- Provide word-processing and secretarial support to other units, such as scanning, photocopying and binding.
- Ensure proper usage and prompt replenishment of kitchen supplies and toiletries and request additional stocks as needed.
- Ensure that all incoming emails, calls, invoices and parcels are correctly posted and in a timely manner.
- Directs visitors, collaborators and other staff to the appropriate office or staff member.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by a supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- A diploma in Public Administration, Business Administration, Project management or equivalent qualification.
- Secretarial training and/or office management skills are highly desirable.
- At least two years of working experience in the same capacity.
- Experience working with NGOs and donor-funded projects will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High integrity and a sense of confidentiality.
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili in both written and spoken.
- Excellent computer skills (including MS Word, and MS Excel).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 23:59hrs on Tuesday, October 11th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: PROGRAM & ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – TMSA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The deadline for this application is 23:59hrs on Tuesday, October 11th, 2022.
- Address Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, ,Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month