Chef Trainer Jobs in Arusha
Mwiba Holdings Limited is registered Tanzanian Company under Companies Ordinance (Cap. 212) and a leading Hospitality company with its Operations in Arusha, Meatu-Simiyu and Mara Regions.
We are currently looking for Chef Trainer to be part of our team and provide support to all our tourist facilities and be Head of training in the Food and beverage Department, will train chefs to meet Company’s cuisine standards, be innovative and introduce different kind of menus to be adopted by all chefs in Company’s Camps and Lodges.
KEY RESULT AREAS / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensure staff for the whole Company understand, follow and maintain Mwiba Holdings’ food philosophy.
- Train all Kitchen staff on Kitchen Opening and Closing Procedures, ensuring hygiene and stock standard is well observed.
- Dietary menus – create vegan, vegetarian, lactose and gluten free menus for international guests. Staff need to be trained on these options for every set menu
- Train staff on stock control procedures and related administration (FIFO)
- Review the current menus to see where they can be adjusted or revamped i.e. in plating orflavor combinations
- Create and train on new dishes, ensuring that there is no overlap between the current 5 camps and lodges as guests often travel between the various properties.
- Discuss issues with camp managers on weaknesses, areas to improve, new ideas etc.
- Introduce and design a menu which is not heavy, a very traditional safari menu but rather light and interesting with flair.
- Maintain and introduce new products to onsite herb gardens
- Work on introduce and transform picnic menus – the Company have a vast number of outdoor or to go meals which need to be reviewed or revamped to keep things interesting
- Train staff on Health and Safety in the kitchen & hygiene standards in line with TFDA(Tanzanian Food and Drug Administration)regulations
- Work within a budget and products available freely and regularly in Arusha. The menus created must be sustainable, ensure menu costing is in place in line with budget
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Hospitality, Food & Beverage Management or equivalent
- Proven proficiency in computerized applications to Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Working experience Ten(10) years in related field
Experience and Skills:
- Have the ability to work through periods of high demand and ready to work on weekends.
- Ability to maintain physical stamina.
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to think out of the box.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s and copy of certificates to HR Office through Reception (for hard copies) or via e-mail to: [email protected] before 15th February 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Address Arusha, Arusha, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month