Health Promoter Supervisor Jobs in Kigoma at MSF
JOB VACANCY – HEALTH PROMOTER SUPERVISOR – FULL TIME – 100%
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: HEALTH PROMOTER SUPERVISOR-ONLY NATIONAL STAFF
Direct Reports: PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT (PMR)
Location: NDUTA – KIBONDO
In close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational campaigns according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area.
• In close collaboration with the project medical referent, participating in the definition and update of the HP/IEC strategy and identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project
• Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
• Informing, according to protocols, community members and identified risk groups (prisons, army, sexual workers, etc.) about health-related issues
• Organizing health awareness sessions for MSF‘s medical and non-medical staff
• Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population, and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
• Organizing, training, and supervising the HP team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel, collecting reports and reporting the activities of each health worker and regularly visiting communities that are under his/her responsibility
• Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
• Ensuring cleanliness of IEC (information, education and communication) areas
• Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient
CONTEXT SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Involvement with key influential people in the community about different health issues, as well to receive community feedbacks from them.
• Ensure blood donors’ mobilization as per the project needs
• Support the medical team with tracing of patients as per requests
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Essential diploma in social sciences or education/pedagogy / or social work
- Essential working experience in MSF (1 year minimum) in health promotion activities, or training-education activities.
· Swahili, English is a must. French and Kirundi is an asset.
Competences and main skills:
• Basic computer skills
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Commitment to MSF Principles
• Stress Management
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday, January 20th, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “HEALTH PROMOTER SUPERVISOR”
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Address Kigoma, Kigoma, Kigoma, ,Tz
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month