ICT Officer Jobs in Kigoma at Norwegian Refugee Council
Position: ICT Officer (ICT= Information and communications technology)
Reports to: Area Manager or Logistics Coordinator when in place
Supervision of: None
Duty station: Kibondo
Project number: TZFM2301
Duration and type of contract: 9 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The responsibilities depend to some degree on the existing organizational chart of the Country Office and the size and complexity of the operations. If these responsibilities are not reflecting the reality of the field operations, the COs can adapt the content as long as the structure and style are the same. Details shall be incorporated in the Work- and Professional Development Plan and not be included in the JD.
- Implement NRC’s ICT policies and guidelines at office level
- Ensure system security
- Ensure that network access privileges, applications, data storage and regular backups are configured and maintained
- Implement and update a data disaster recovery plan (back up)
- Schedule computer related services, maintenance and license renewals
- Ensure installation and maintenance of protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls)
- Plan network upgrades, expansions and replacements
- Provide ICT support and trainings to staff
- Participate in the procurement processes of ICT equipment
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly. The line manager drafts the specific responsibilities and sends them to his/her line manager for approval.
- Providing First level support for all ICT issues to the Tanzania Country Office and Field Offices
- Ensure network uptime for all NRC offices in Tanzania
- Facilitating of the monthly ICT Payments to suppliers
- Monitoring of the Network Devices in Meraki
- Understand the current manual tasks happening in Tanzania and come up with plans to automate them in conjunction with the Regional Office.
- Carry out any other tasks as shall be assigned by the supervisor
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. Details about NRC’s competencies are to be found in the Competency Framework. Competencies are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following three categories:
1. Value driven competencies
Values are aspirational attitudes and beliefs that influence the way people conduct themselves. NRC’s values are: Dedicated, Innovated, Inclusive and Accountable.
2. Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. Of the 12 behavioral competencies, the following are essential for this position.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
3. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working as an ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- A holder of bachelor degree in computer science, Information Technology or any other related field.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Fluency in English
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Knowledge of the context in the East Africa & Yemen Region
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for and evaluated on the responsibilities and the competencies, based on NRC’s Performance Management System. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- Performance Management system
- The Competency Framework
This position is open to Tanzania Nationals Only . ” Female candidates are encouraged to apply”
- Address Kigoma, Kigoma, Kigoma, ,TZ
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month