New OM Jobs in Dar es salaam-Maendeleo Bank Plc
Position: Operations Manager
Maendeleo Bank Plc
Maendeleo Bank Plc is a leading financial institution in Tanzania offering banking products and services.
Responsible for evaluating and contributing to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes for the bank and operating with other departments.
This position reports to the Head of Operations and ICT, administers the Operational Policies and Procedures, and coordinates the activities of the bank operations, responsible for effective and efficient management and coordination of the Bank’s Resources, Operations Processes in order to deliver excellent Customer Service while mitigating operational risks.
1. Effective and efficient management of Bank resources
2. Managing bank’s operations team to deliver effective financial services to clients
3. Mitigating against operational risks
4. Achieve customer satisfaction in all areas of operations
5. Motivate staff and provide leadership
6. Discipline subordinate staff where necessary
7. Attend to omissions highlighted in audit inspection reports
8. Ensure branch accounts are balancing & all reconciliations are done accordingly.
9. Create efficient and good working atmosphere for customers and staff
10. Productivity or resource utilization standards or benchmarks Audit ratings
11. Giving useful suggestions to the management on how to improve on the bank’s operation.
12. Providing mentorship to subordinate by observing their daily activities and assisting them in solving complicated issues arising from errors in operations.
13. Ensuring policies and procedures of the bank are followed correctly to avoid risks; and ensure that the credibility of the company is upheld by enforcing professional standard of operating
in staff members.
14. Ensure proper cash management within the branch and maintain sufficient cash reserves for daily transactions.
15. Coordinate and provide support to branches to ensure risks are proactively managed through the embedded process of proactively identifying, assessing, mitigating, and controlling, monitoring,
measuring and reporting all events that have risk exposure potential.
16. Establish adequate safeguards to protect against Operational Risks including Internal fraud, external fraud, employment practices, market manipulation, execution failures through data entry, business disruptions, failed mandatory reporting, negligence.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University Degree/Advanced Diploma majoring in Finance, Accountancy, Business administration or their equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in (Operations) banking Industry.
- Master Degree in Business Related and Professional Qualifications in banking certification will be an added advantage.
Maendeleo Bank Pie offers competitive remuneration and benefits.
The successful candidates will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the positions.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application letters addressed to:
The Managing Director,
P.O. Box 216, Dar es Salaam
Enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, full contacts (address and telephone numbers) and three referees should be sent latest by 10th August 2022 at or before 17.00 hours or through E-mail: [email protected]
- Address Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month