Professional Hunter Jobs
Otterlo Business Corporation is Tourist Hunting Company based in Arusha, Tanzania that supports wildlife Conservation and Rural Development since 1993.
Otterlo Business Corporation is making reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate business needs. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the vacant position.
Position: Professional Hunter Jobs
Reporting to: Executive Director
Accountabilities & authorities of the role
The successful candidate will have the following accountabilities and authorities:
- Knowledgeable of compliance and enforcement of applicable national and international legislations, in particular laws related to hunting and tourism activities;
- Maintain discipline during hunting excursions and avoid actions that might in any way jeopardize the lives and property of clients, support staff and the local population;
- Guide to ensure that accompanied hunters comply with ethics and regulatory requirements of the applicable professional hunting regulations and laws;
- Report any infringement of the laws and regulations to competent authorities;
- Collect snares, traps and nets found in the hunting block.
- Record in log book all relevant facts that’s he/he become aware of for statistical, supervision and management purposes;
- Submit to the representative of Tanzania Wildlife Management authority (TAWA), District Game Officer (DGO) or Police authority, all wildlife trophies found immediately after such trophy having been found;
- Collaborate with the authorities in all matters related to the protection of fauna, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Submit at the end of each hunting season a completed activity report;
- Ensure that during hunting safaris only permitted hunting tools and means are utilized;
- Refrain from destroying birds’ nests, reptiles or their eggs;
- Prohibited from transporting killed animals quartered in such a way as to make it difficult for Game officers to identify their species and sex;
- Hunt and kill only specimen of an animal species hunted by client.
- Ensure that all trophies hunted are skinned and prepared according client’s request in correct methods.
- Obtain all necessary permits to transport the clients’ trophies.
- Supervisor of skinners and gun bearers.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to her/ him by the Employer
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Candidate must have a good command of English and Kiswahili
- Must have a Bachelor degree in Wildlife management or equivalent
- Must possess a Qualified Professional Hunters license in class A category
- Should have at least five (5) years of documented traceable relevant Hunting experience in a relevant environment i.e.Tanzania
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to Tourism industry and Hunting.
An attractive salary with fringe benefits that are commensurate to the candidate’s experience and skills will be offered to the right candidate.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a written application with a comprehensive resume giving full particulars including age, career record, current and expected salaries together with copies of academic and professional qualifications, education background, testimonials, names and addresses of two (2) referees with a recent passport photograph before 29th December 2021 by e mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
Otterlo Business Corporation Ltd
Kanisa Road, Plot no 84
P.0 Box 12125
Tel.0713 280 488
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview
- Address Arusha, Arusha, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month