Senior Manager Centralized Operations Jobs in Tanzania at I&M Bank Tanzania
- Managing and guiding planned as well as ad-hoc initiatives within the units under jurisdiction.
- Proactively monitoring centralized operations through various MIS and spot checks to ensure efficient and effective handling of transactions and the Bank’s assets to mitigate associated risks.
- Managing centralized operations in terms of operational efficiencies, Operational risk management etc.
- Ensure all User Access Controls, authentication; exception handling processes are meticulously implemented across the Bank.
- Ensure reconciliations related to various operation related office accounts in centralized operations are up to date and tallied as required.
- Managing staff related matters concerning units under centralized operations including resourcing, rotations, leaves, product knowledge and continuous training and development to improve the skill sets of the staff.
- Coordinating and reviewing RCSA (Risk Control Self-Assessment) for Centralized Operations.,
- Reviewing of procedure manuals and policies of the respective units under Centralized
- Operations on a need or annual basis, whichever is shorter, to ensure that they remain relevant in view of changing business environment and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring the preparation of supporting procedures, documents, and guidelines before roll-out, with respect to new products/processes.
- Disseminating new guidelines / circulars from Bank of Tanzania and other regulatory agents to staff/departments concerned.
- Coordinating the implementation of various projects within Centralized operations (Identifying project teams, requirements gathering, provide guidance/input in process flows including controls, scope of UAT and final roll-out of live operations).
- Coordinating claims / correspondence with insurance companies and loss adjusters for any operational related losses/claims arising from Centralized Operations. This includes fraud notification which results in meeting fraud loss adjusters and following up to ensure speedy settlement and providing critical input to the COO, relating to the Centralized Operations functions at the annual strategy session.
- Inculcate a cost-conscious culture in the Bank and initiate measures for cost rationalization, reduction, and control in all areas of Centralized operations.
- Provide leadership for the Centralized Operations team through clearly communicating strategy and goals and coaching sessions.
- Manage employee performance and competence development to ensure operational efficiency.
Key Competencies & Attributes
- Proven experience in centralized operations, biased to payments processes, team management, supervision, or leadership, including performance management, people development, coaching or mentoring experience.
- Able to manage and influence others to achieve results.
- Has passion and drive to achieve results under difficult circumstances.
- Upholds high standard of Professionalism, integrity, and respect for others.
- Able to identify, motivate and develop talent within the Bank.
- Communicates effectively and drives high performance in teams.
- Conceptual thinking – able to structure and organize.
- Execution orientation – able to execute and deliver results
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce/Business related field.
- Master’s Degree/MBA or Professional qualification in Banking or related field is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years banking experience; 4 of which must be in a senior management position in Bank Operations.
- Knowledge and ability to size industry trends and the competitive environment.
>>: Q&A: Jobs Interview question Tip: On confidential matters…
- Address Tanzania, Tanzania, Tanzania, ,TZ
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month