Senior Manager Early Childhood Development Jobs in Dar es salaam
“Sometimes in life, there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job title: Senior Manager – Early Childhood Development
Reporting to: Technical Director
Job grade: Grade 7
Location: Dar es Salaam
The ECD Senior Manager will provide technical leadership and overall management of ECD programs. The senior manager is responsible for managing the relationship with key stakeholders including Donor, government, and other ECD partners. She/he will also support the team to identify strategic ECD approaches to design the new project as a follow on. The senior manager will support the process of proposal development and ensure success into a new ECD project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate the overall activities of project activities including planning, implementation, budget, and activities monitoring and reporting.
- Design and support implementation of ECD activities within HIV and maternal, neonatal, and child health (MNCH) settings.
- Monitor closely project implementation Vs budget allocated and also progress towards indicators as per donor requirement
- Participate in the field joint quarterly supportive supervision visit with CHMTs
- Familiarize with Donors’ strategic plans so to ensure the implementation of the project align with the expected goals
- Develop and submit projects’ reports to the donors timely
- Provide Technical Leadership on the development of proposal
- Coordinate with the donor to receive their inputs on the proposal development
- Provide overall leadership on the design and development of the new ECD project
- Work with project/research team to analyze lessons learned from the field to incorporate them into the proposal
- Build capacity of various stakeholders (from district to national levels) to ensure the familiarization of the National ECD Multisectoral Program
- Build technical capacity of project staff so they are able to continue supervising and monitoring the implementation of planned project activities.
- The support project team in preparation and execution of training (digital and CCD) to CHW
- Collaborate with MOHCDGEC, Donor and other stakeholders on improving ECD services
- Work with key players including the Ministry of Health (all ECD related departments), UNICEF, WHO, INGOs, and national networks to oversee ECD activities especially the execution of NM-ECDP; Participate in donor’s organized meetings to share project implementation and updates as needed
- Work closely with regional/council team to support the implementation of their ECD plans developed
Documentation and research
- Provide overall leadership on documentation and research activities to ensure quality implementation
- Link the organization with other partners (donor, government, and consortium members) to ensure coordination
- Work with the research team in the development of the protocol, study tools, and support the facilitation of data collection, analysis, and report writing.
- Use quarterly visits to get feedback from regions and councils to provide relevant support for improvement
Project Team Management
- Representing EGPAF at networks, National Taskforce, meetings, and workshops related to ECD activities at the national level
- Provides coaching and support to the supervisee
- Conduct routine project and finance meetings with the team for planning, monitoring, and support
- Master’s Degree in Health, Early Childhood Development or Nutrition; or related Social Sciences
- Minimum five (05) years of experience and demonstrated skills in project management on child health, nutrition, and development projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- At least 5 years of proven project management experience in the design, administration, management, and implementation of health programs
- Aware of in-country, regional, and global trends in relation to ECD including nurturing care, sustainable development goals, the science of ECD.
- Understanding on local ECD, nutrition, health, child protection in an integration context within health facilities and community levels targeting families with children 0-3 years.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Experience managing donor-funded projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Kiswahili); strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and attentiveness to detail
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or via the Link given
Closing date: January 6th, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month