PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Software Quality Assurance Advisor who will support a CDC-funded program titled “Strengthening the Government of Tanzania’s Capacity to Develop, Implement, and Use Digital Health to Achieve HIV/TB Epidemic Control through Interoperable Information Systems, Governance, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Support under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of health information systems (HIS) to support high-quality patient-centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives.
The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale-up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
The Software Quality Assurance Advisor will be responsible to ensure the quality and readiness of patient level and aggregate data systems for through testing (manual and automated) of new and existing features. The Software Quality Assurance Advisor will report to the Product Development and QA Lead. This position is based in Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Raise development quality by developing processes and best practices for software testing.
- Improve and automate test strategies.
- Develop and execute test cases to diagnose issues and bugs, creating test data when required.
- Identify, design, develop, execute and maintain automation scripts/code.
- Implement automation framework with continuous integration/deployment covering UI, API, unit and integration tests.
- Identify testing deficiencies and subsequently implementing automated tests based on their requirements.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Increase code coverage across the team’s technology stack.
- Develop status reports based on test completion/findings and communicate these to team leaders including any impact on the overall project plan.
- Minimum 4 years of QA experience.
- Experience managing testing throughout the SDLC (development testing, unit / integration testing, API testing, performance testing, system testing and regression testing, etc.) c1vHAFl DloFqO
- Experience in testing multiple platforms, including desktop, web and mobile based systems.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies and processes
- Understand web services (REST) and underlying protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/IP).
- Hands on experience with testing tools and frameworks such as Selenium, Robot, SOAPUI etc.
- Experience on writing test documentation such as test plans and test cases depending upon project
- Experience in using test management tools such as Test Lodge.
- Experience in using bug tracking tools such as Jira, Mantises or Bugzilla.
- A proven ability to work as a part of a team but self-managing of own time.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of software engineering.
- Familiarity with source control solutions (ex git, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and oral communication skills in Kiswahili.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, or political ideology.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
Job Location Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of Company Location Tanzania, Dar es
Salaam Position Type Full-Time/Regular
- Address Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month
- Ref. 11093