Tradesperson 1- Fitter Mechanics Jobs in Geita at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1- Fitter Mechanics
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Mill-Mechanical Supervisor.
Number of Positions: One (2)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The maintenance team (fitter mechanics) at the process plant is responsible for execution of maintenance across Milling circuit (milling plant) Purpose of the role is to execute mechanical fitting works safely and responsibly within the process plant (i.e., preventive maintenance, planned jobs, breakdowns, and installation of new /replacement of equipment). The role will be assigned to a specification section of the plant by the maintenance superintendent and will be working under the immediate supervision of the Supervisor-Fitter mechanics and the section senior supervisor.
- Form Four Education.
- VETA Trade test Grade one in Mechanical Fitting/Turning Certificate//Full Technician (FTC) / Ordinary Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- At least 3-5 years fitting experience in the manufacturing, mining, or any related similar industry with specific experience in the following equipment: Big mills – SAG and Ball Mill, Thickener drives Pumps (Oil, slurry & water), Gearboxes, Knelosn Concentrator (KC), Trash & Scalping screen.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Safety Health and Environment.
Take responsibility of your own health and safety by:
- Observing all HSE Policies and procedure relevant to the job in hand.
- Mini risk assessment -continuous think about and plan job before commencement
- Always use correct tooling
- Utilize all necessary permit where required
- Tag out and report any unsafe equipment immediately
- Report all incidents immediately and participate in investigations and remediation activities
- Remove all scrap or left-over materials immediately and ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility
- Taking care of your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
Carry out maintenance duties including:
- Routine inspection of a range of different Fixed Plant equipment to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Carrying out planned and unplanned (breakdown etc.) maintenance tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Troubleshooting faults and repair equipment as needed
- Report any lost or damaged tooling
- Ensure the work is performed to the OEM Requirements.
- Meet work delivery deadline to minimize the demand for resources without exceeding the required by the date for work completion
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working
- Possession of Basic Trade Skills
- Able to read, understand and utilize all plant technical manuals
- Specialized training on various pieces of equipment as required
- Computer literacy – Proficiency in Microsoft office products/Basic Computer Skills
- Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork must be able to solve problem
- Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
- Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Tradesperson 1- Fitter Mechanics”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 20th January 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
- Address Geita, Geita, Geita, ,Tz
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month