Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency

Follow

Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency has posted 16 jobs

0 Review

Rate This Company ( No reviews yet )

Work/Life Balance
Comp & Benefits
Senior Management
Culture & Value

Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency

(0)

About Us

Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency

The United Republic of Tanzania is located in East Africa between longitude 29° and 41° East and latitude 1° and 12° South. It covers a total of 947,600 km2. Tanzania mainland accounts for 945,100 km2 (99.74% of the area) while the islands of Zanzibar (Unguja and Pemba) account for the remaining 2,500 km2 (0.26%). Tanzania mainland is endowed with a wide range of natural resources as well as ecological and cultural diversity including extensive areas of arable land, wildlife reserves and parks, mountains, forests, rivers, and lakes.

The forests in Tanzania mainland are high in biodiversity. The country contains over 10,000 plant species(See Tree Species List for Tanzania), hundreds of which are nationally endemic. Of the plant species, 305 are identified as threatened in the IUCN Red List, with 276 species classified as Endangered. The main forest types include deciduous miombo woodlands in the western, central and southern parts of the country, AcaciaCommiphora woodlands in the northern regions, coastal forests and woodland mosaics in the east, mangrove forests along the coast of the Indian Ocean, and closed canopy forests, which grow on the ancient mountains of the Eastern Arc, along the Albertine Rift close to Lake Tanganyika in the west, and on the younger volcanic mountains in the north and central parts of the country. Woodlands are mostly open and often degraded with undergrowth of grass and shrubs. Woodlands are subject to frequent grass fires stemming from adjacent human activity such as agriculture.

Contact Us

https://ajira.anzimag.com/wp-content/themes/noo-jobmonster/framework/functions/noo-captcha.php?code=66cc0