Project Manager – GOAL Project
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
Dar es SalaamPosted 3 mins ago
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania takes a participatory, community-based, and inclusive approach to designing context-specific, impactful programmes.
Career with BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
Project Manager – GOAL Project Job Opportunity at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood
Job Title: Project Manager – GOAL Project
Project Sustainability: 9 Months
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
To oversee social, economic and education empowerment programs that are directly linked to the welfare of girls, boys, women and men including the planning, coordination and implementation of the activities within the program.
- Plan the delivery of the overall project and its activities in accordance with the objectives of the organization
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the project
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the project
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the project
- Develop a project monitoring and evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the project and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals for the project to ensure the continuous delivery of services and work diligently for fundraising and resource mobilization
- Ensure that project activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that project activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document project activities. Ensuring proper documentation of all implementing activities and outcomes
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of records on the club members of the
- In consultation with the Program manager, recruit, interview and select well-qualified project staff
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures, and practices of the organization
- Ensure the performance appraisal of all staff of the project on a timely manner
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all project staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate project activities using established volunteer management practices
- Ensure that all project staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
Lead the project
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Supervise project staff by providing direction, input, and feedback
- Donor relations and liaison with government, development organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate with beneficiaries and other stakeholders to gain community support for the project and to solicit input to improve the project
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the project operates within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with project activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the project activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the project evaluation framework
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a bachelor degree of Sociology, Social Work, Community Development, Development Studies.
- Masters of Project Management is an added advantage
- At least 5 years relevant experience. 2 years in a managerial position
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial, collaborative, creative approach to work, and strong inter-personal skills
- Sound on child protection and safeguarding systems
- Knowledge of Positive Youth Development, Youth Engagement, Alternative
- Educational approaches, and Teen Employment Programming.
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and implementing innovative programs
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to research, assimilate and analyze information,
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint to present proven data in a clear and inspiring manner.
- Strong decisive nature, with well-honed problem-solving mindset skills.
- Ability to anticipate challenges, prioritize and analyze for effectiveness.
- Organizational skills including strong attention to detail to manage and coordinate simultaneous projects.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Project Manager – GOAL”.
Samia scholarship 2022/2023
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Teams, groups, schedule, stadiums, tickets and more
- Address Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, ,Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month