Director of Finance and Administration – USAID/Tanzania Cross-Sectoral Youth Empowerment Activity
FHI 360 is a global development organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our team of professionals includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment, and research. FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with more than 4000 employees in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities, and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions.
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) for an anticipated USAID-funded Cross-Sectoral Youth Empowerment Activity in Tanzania. The activity is expected to provide holistic and tailored integrated support to youth in Tanzania that increases their access to basic education, life skills, entrepreneurship skills, improve health outcomes and strengthen community engagement while ensuring interventions are youth-owned, youth-led and youth-managed.
The DFA will be responsible for budget forecasting, expenditure tracking, and financial analysis, as well as grants and contracts management. The DFA will manage, administer, and direct the control of the budget, security policy, and administrative and human resources functions of the activity. S/he will establish and maintain sound financial management and compliance practices and ensure adherence to FHI 360 and donor procedures, rules and regulations. This will include reviewing and approving recommendations for financial planning and control and key administrative decisions. S/he will also select, develop, and evaluate financial and operations management personnel to ensure efficient and collaborative project support.
The position will be based in Dar es Salaam. Employment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360, as well as USAID approval of the finalist.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of administration and finance issues.
- Develops and implements plans to ensure effective and efficient financial controls and operational procedures.
- Reviews, provides input, and periodically updates operations, administrative, and financial office policy and protocols.
- Develops job descriptions for operational management positions and provides direct oversight to these personnel.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports regarding budgets, actual and forecasted.
- Provides recommendations on financial projects and compliances and assists with development and management of internal financial audits.
- Provides financial leadership as well as reporting for annual budget planning, pipeline analysis, audit reviews and assessments.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP). Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) may also be required.
- Review procurement requests and payment vouchers for purchasing of goods and services and for program activities, and assure that all disbursements or reimbursements are made in compliance with FHI policy and applicable to donor rules and regulations.
- Reviews security data with security manager and provides oversight and guidance in safety measures for all office staff.
- Supervises the management of the office and encourages a collaborative, cohesive working environment.
- Reviews implementing partner budgets for correctness and verify that budgets conform to FHI 360 and donor regulations.
- Provide administrative, financial, accounting and other technical assistance as required to FHI 360 staff and/or implementing agency staff.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor Degree or higher in management, business, accounting, finance, law, or another relevant subject.
- At least 8 years working experience in operations, finance, administration, and program management on similar, international, donor-funded programs.
- Proven experience managing a financial analysis department is required.
- Excellent knowledge on USG rules and regulations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to transfer knowledge/skills and work well with others, including local and foreign colleagues, implementing agency and government staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize and respond in a timely manner.
- CPA Certification preferred.
- Previous experience in Tanzania preferred.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month
- Ref. 2021202488