- Responsible for driving staff and supplies, maintaining and ensuring safety of the Program vehicles; and complying with road safety. Key Responsibilities
- Inspect the assigned vehicle on a daily basis and notify the Head Driver of any mechanical fault.
- Check that the vehicle is clean, in good condition and ready for use at all times.
- Drive program vehicles transporting staff.
- Transport goods and supplies as scheduled by the Head Driver.
- Dispatch and collect documents to and from stakeholders and other organizations.
- Fill in the logbook with information on trips, distance covered, vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain a record of fuel consumption in the vehicle logbook for and preparation of the monthly fuel consumption report.
- Carry out routine maintenance of the vehicle as per schedule.
- Ensure that vehicle is parked in a safe place as required.
- Check that the vehicle has valid statutory documents.
- Notify the Head Driver upon emergency or occurrence of any incidence regarding the vehicle.
- Comply with road regulations as well as USAID and Deloitte fleet policies and regulations.
- Prepare advance requests, retirements and travel reports for trips.
- Provide auxiliary/ administrative support to staff during field visits if required.
- Ordinary level education
- Driving proficiency certificate from the Vocational Education and Training Authority or the National Institute of Transport
- A valid driving license
- Basic knowledge in vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of the road regulations
- Time management skills
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to [email protected]
For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.
- Address Aris House Plot 152 Haile Selassie Road Oyster Bay, Dar es Salaam
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month
- Ref. C3HP/DRV/12-21