Editor Jobs in Dar es salaam, 2022-2027 UNSDCF Tanzania
Result of Service
1. Consolidated first draft narrative UNSDCF -for January JSC (light review incorporate comments UNCT/DPG etc.)-5 days (January 22)
2. Consolidated second draft narrative incorporating comments of the JSC, UNCT/ DCO (comprehensive review)- 5 days February 22
3. Third and final high quality UNSDCF 2022-2027 for Tanzania of not more than 40 pages. – 15 days (February- March 2022)
25 working days between January and March 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations System in Tanzania is in the process of developing the 2022-2027 United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF). The UNSDCF expresses the commitment of the UN System in Tanzania to the country’s progress towards the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the national development plans. FYDPIII and MKUZA.
A roadmap for the development of this five-year strategy was endorsed by the Joint Steering Committee co-chaired by the UN and Government in November 2020. The roadmap lists several key steps that need to take place towards the development the UNSDCF, from the initial Common Country Analysis (CCA), the identification of key results and resources to the signing of the final document in March 2022.
A key component of the UNSDCF process is finalising the narrative which outlines the country development context as identified in the CCA, the priorities identified, the resources required and the management and governance structures. A zero draft of the UNSDCF outlining these elements is available. The UN Resident Coordinator’s Office would like to engage a language editor to support the various iterations of the document and to produce the final version for presentation to the JSC in March 2022.
The consultant will be supervised by the Team Leader, RCO but receiving day to day technical guidance from the RBM specialist with support from the RCO communications team.
The UNSDCF editor will perform the following duties
1. Review and familiarize themselves with the Development Coordination Office (DCO) guidance on the contents and quality of the UNSDCF narrative and refer to the United Nations Editorial Manual
2. Review/ proofread the current draft of the UNSDCF 2022-2027 narrative document to strengthen the analysis and ensure the quality and flow of the language.
3. Using infographics/visual aids (graphs, tables, pictures etc.) in a manner that engages the reader and provides a quick understanding/snapshot of the data / information contained in the document.
4. Present the final narrative containing ALL elements as provided for in the UNSDCF guidance and guided by the Annex 7 of the companion guidance
Academic Qualifications: A post graduate master’s degree or its equivalent in social science, development studies, journalism, communications or related fields is required.
Experience: A minimum of 10 years’ relevant professional experience with strategic planning, review and reporting processes is required.
Experience in the analysis of socio-economic development issues including knowledge of and ability to articulate the UN programming principles. (Human Rights Based Approach to Programming, Gender, Leave No-One Behind etc.) is desirable.
Knowledge of UN reform and strategic planning processes including the concept of delivering as One is desirable.
Experience in drafting policy papers, strategic planning and reporting documents and experience drafting UNDAP/UNDAF/UNSDCF, or other UN agency strategic documents would be an asset.
knowledge of and experience with the Tanzania socio- cultural, political, and historical context would be an asset.
Language: Fluency in English language ( oral and written) is required .
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month
- Ref. 21-United Nations Office at Nairobi-171214-Individual Contractor