Finance and Operations Director, USAID/Tanzania Cross-Sectoral Youth Activity, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
IREX seeks qualified Finance and Operations Director candidates for the anticipated USAID/Tanzania Cross-Sectoral Youth Activity which will seek to create and support an array of interventions, tailored to specific needs of targeted youth, that are youth-owned, youth-led and youth-managed, focused particularly on out of school youth who have had limited opportunities to engage in the formal education sector. The Finance and Operations will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to oversee all programmatic aspects, ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
Only citizens of Tanzania on permanent residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with COP, provide strategic guidance to ensure deliverables are met and support staff adhere to plans and deadlines.
- Work closely with COP to ensure effective day-to-day management and seamless integration of project activities
- Oversee financial operations and supervise the Finance and Operations team
- Provide oversight of administration, logistics, procurement, and human resources
- Maintain familiarity with agreement requirements and monitor compliance, deliverables, and deadlines
- Ensure that all financial management and procurement is conducted in compliance with IREX policy and U.S. government regulations
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the award; oversee all payments
- Monitor program budget and provide required financial reporting; maintain financial records for all program activities
- Oversee subgrantee budgets and expenditures
- Liaise with IREX home office financial, compliance and field operations teams
- Contribute to effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities c25xW6d uyg0Z
- Other duties, as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tanzanian citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Finance, International Business Administration, International Development, etc.
- At least seven (7) years of progressive experience in Tanzania
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive supervisory work experience providing direct supervision of administrative, human resources, or finance staff, as well as direct supervision of professional and support staff
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in-line with USG rules and regulations
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Excellent oral, written, teamwork, and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, CSOs, implementing partners and other donors)
- Fluency in English
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration, preferably along with a cover letter which summarizes your qualifications and states your salary expectations.
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month