North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit three (03) Graduate Geologists to join our team. The successful candidates for these positions will be accountable in day-to-day geological activities required to safely, effectively and to schedule – define, extract, stockpile, blend, report, reconcile gold production and to deal with the collection and interpretation of geological data that would benefit the ore definition process and lead to the identification of additional gold resources outside of reserve with zero injury within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies
Work Schedule: Rotation Status (6 Weeks on 3 Weeks off)
- Participate-in and provide a strong contribution to the site safety and environment culture.
- Ensure the works are performed in accordance with approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Supervising and coaching of ore spotters and technicians
- Assist in the mark-out and pick-up of drill holes’ collars
- Ensure that field sampling adheres to strict QAQC procedures designed to ensure that each sample collected is representative of what has been drilled.
- Ensure correct Standards and Blanks are inserted at correct intervals into the sample stream.
- Assist with daily data entry, record keeping and reporting as required by Senior Geologists.
- Assist Pit Technicians as required in their day to day duties.
- Complete other duties as required by senior geologists and or their designated.
- Ensure data quality and validity from pit supervisors and ore spotters. Random checks on effectiveness of spotting
- Ensure the confidence of drilling coverage in the areas planned to be mined.
- Constant updates of the Geology weekly ore mining areas presentation and show the confidence on drilling and grade distribution.
- Ensure the ore outline/blocks is correctly marked up on the mining floor and according to the grades category
- Minimizes ore loss and dilution through improved understanding of geological controls on mineralization, best practice in ore spotting and optimizing mining extraction
- Accurate digging and facing of ore and waste to required specification to minimize dilution and ore loss (enforce correct mining practice)
- Understands mine planning and mining production requirements
- Morning pit review to confirm ore and waste material to be mined
- Blast Movement monitoring for more control on ore dilution and ore loss after blasting using BMT technology equipment and software (if applicable)
- Ensures that high quality geological maps are generated, ensure a proper floor mapping on day to day following the ore digging sequence, data to be used by resources geologist to understand and build a robust model.
- Incorporates of mapping data in the visual adjustment of ore polygons in the pit and improve understanding of ore controls.
- Being able to conduct logging in the field and section interpretation.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Geology.
- At least 3 months to 1 years or less practical experience in mining geology or exploration
- Strong communication, leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong understanding of the geology and structural concepts.
- Basic knowledge of Surpac, Vulcan, Micromine and other geological and mine planning software package and database.
- Have good work ethic and be goal oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Current light vehicle driver’s license.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office software.ie Power point
- Familiarity with and commitment to HSE best practice.
- Highly organized, systematic and meticulous.
- Ability to work day and night shifts.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
- Address Nyamongo, North Mara, Mara
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month