Head of Resource Mobilisation – International
About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being sidelined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
About the Role.
This is not your typical fundraising role. This is an opportunity for someone with an interest in shaping how Restless Development can restore power to young leaders through fundraising and partnerships in line with the ambitions in our new Global Resourcing Strategy. We are open to the successful candidate being based in our India, Nepal, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Sierra Leone or Tanzania country hubs.
We are looking for a experienced institutional / programme fundraiser who can help us achieve the ambitious target of raising £36 million for Restless Development’s work over the next 3 years, whilst also ensuring that more resources are channelled to youth civil society organisations and grassroots youth movements in the Global South, so that they are able to drive change in their communities.
“It is difficult to pin down one aspect of the role which makes it unique, but building partnerships and co-creating ideas with donors and partners who share a commitment to youth leadership and more equitable development practises is certainly a highlight. I feel lucky to be able to work with an inspiring global team of fundraisers on the strategic direction of our resourcing efforts. Making decisions and problem solving collectively makes this leadership role a joy and reflects the inclusive culture of the agency” – Outgoing Head of Resource Mobilisation
This role sits in Restless Development’s Resourcing Mobilisation Unit within the International Team, managed by the Resourcing Director, with line management responsibility for the Programme Funding Team and income targets. At the global level, the Head of Resource Mobilisation plays a lead role on the Resourcing Leadership Team, facilitating a coordinated global approach to resource mobilisation efforts.
Essential skills and experience
An excellent proven track record in institutional fundraising including:
- A demonstrable track record of developing winning concepts and proposals to institutional donors
- Line management experience of fundraising roles
- Prospecting and cultivating new institutional fundraising leads
- Excellent relationship management skills with both funders and partners
- An understanding of youth-led development, SRHR, livelihoods, advocacy, securing funding for grassroots civil society organisations, or other areas that Restless Development works on.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Perhaps most importantly we are looking for candidates with an interest to shape how Restless Development can restore power to young leaders through fundraising and partnerships in line with the ambitions in our new Global Resourcing Strategy.
Desirable skills & experience
- Solid understanding of youth and community led development.
- Graduate level degree in relevant field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of managing a fundraising team.
- Experience of advocating for more equitable funding practises to facilitate youth-led development.
- Ability to proactively generate and co-create “new business” opportunities that lead to strategic funding.
How To Apply.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm GMT 16th January 2022. Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters.
First round interviews are anticipated to take place on 21st January 2022
Second round interviews are anticipated to take place on 25th January 2022
- Address Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month