Health Specialist Jobs in Zanzibar
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
DURATION: Two years and ten months
PLACE OF WORK: Unguja or Pemba, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Korea Food for the Hungry International (KFHI) is a faith-based non-profit organization established in 1989 as the first overseas aid international organization in South Korea with its vision to end spiritual and physical poverty worldwide.
KFHI Zanzibar is a country office of Korea Food for the Hungry and its Head Office (HO) is in Seoul, South Korea. KFHI Zanzibar is currently implementing Education/WASH projects in Unguja and Pemba, Zanzibar, to improve the self-sufficiency and to enhance the quality of life of the most vulnerable people so that they can live a life with God’s given potential.
In Zanzibar, there are lack of infrastructure for learning environments, poor access to academics, lack of awareness of children’s rights and low access to girls’ right to education and health. Therefore, the project has a purpose to increase participation in school to promote girls’ right to education and realization of independent right to girls’ health.
The health specialist will be responsible for contextualizing and aligning the Health strategies to the requirements and/or policies that the local government has and to the reality of the country. He/she prepares health education materials and trains the staff for the appropriate implementation of the sectoral strategies.
- Ability to search and analyze information
- Ability to teach others.
- Effective Inter- and Intrapersonal communication
- Field Work
- Strategic and Systematic Thinking
- Serves as KFHI’s representative to local government and other local entities in the region or area where this position is performed
- Provides technical training and support to all Multi-SectorTransformation Promoters in promoting healthy habits in the community for their adoption and practice
- Prepares and updates health reports and report systems in coordination with the HO coordinators and KFHI Zanzibar POs (project officers) and ensures timely submission
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation activities are carried out and appropriate corrective/preventative actions are implemented in coordination with the KFHI Zanzibar POs (project officers) and project coordinator
- Establishes, coordinates, and maintains relationships with different health stakeholders at international and national level
- Prepares health education (sexual reproductive health, hygiene, and WASH) materials in coordination with relevant staff at the local and national level
- Teaches students, parents, and teachers using the educational materials with facilitators
- Writes regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually) and business trip reports in coordination with project coordinator
- Travels frequently to local secondary schools in Unguja and Pemba, Zanzibar
Behavior and Attitude
- Understand and fully agree with the mission, vision, and core-values of KFHI, including The Lordship of Jesus Christ, Transparency, Professionalism, Integrity, Collaboration, Creativity and Innovation, and Satisfaction
- Willing to follow Jesus Christ with personal relationship with HIM and to participate or lead in daily devotions
- Have honesty, trustworthiness, and responsibility for the designated duties
Qualifications and skills
- A vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Understanding of child protection regulations desirable
- Excellent command of the English and Swahili language, both written and verbal
- Written communication skills including experience of writing project reports and other documents
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field such as: nursing, public health, community health, nutrition, etc
- A least two to three years’ experience working in a community development program or the equivalent in education
- At least one year experience participating in or leading Health sector proposal development
- Experience of working on Korea Aid-funded projects would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation Procedures
- Able to travel to districts on rough roads
- Able to sit behind a computer for eight hours a day doing repetitive motions
- Deep understanding of KFHI’s Vision, Mission and Values and ability to communicate this message confidently to others
- Flexible, ability to deal with stress and pressure
- Able to communicate well in front of groups of people
- Experienced in administration, able to process and execute details.
- Previous experience in cross cultural interactions
- Excels in collaboration with others
Send your applications; cover letter (Max of a page), curriculum vitae (Max of two pages), and two recommendation letters (one from church leader and one from a career mentor) in English (PDF or Microsoft Word format) by email to: email@example.com submission date: Not later than 10 pm 10th of January 2022. – Please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Interview will be held on 13th to 15th of January 2022 in Das Es Salaam and Unguja (Zanzibar)
- Final candidate is expected to work from 19th of January 2022 in Unguja or Pemba, Zanzibar
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month