Human Resources /Legal Officer
Position Summary: To lead the organization’s HR programs and policies as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, performance and staffing. To support departmental heads within the business to resolve challenging issues related to the employment and disciplining of staff and to handle all legal issues arising in the company.
- Promoting healthy relationships between staff and management through mediation, handling labor disputes and guiding department managers through employee issues.
- Mitigating risk by keeping the organization compliant with labour and other applicable laws and regulations
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Conducting annual salary surveys and recommending revision of the company’s compensation program
- Developing, analyzing and updating the company’s performance evaluation program
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Maintaining and revising the company’s HR Manual and procedures, ensuring proper approvals for any updates or revisions made.
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job adverts
- Overseeing exit interviews and clearance documentation.
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Producing monthly attendance, sick leave, staffing and industrial relations reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures
- Developing adequate induction and training as well as onboarding newcomers to the company.
- Execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing organizing accommodation for visitors & guests, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and organizing disciplinary processes.
- Collaborates with management and departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Organize employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Oversee company legal activities such as contract management, civil disputes, liaison with 3rd party advocates engaged by the company and all other related activities as assigned.
- Attend meetings and take minutes as required.
- Translate letters, minutes and other official documents as necessary
- Preparation and circulation of a monthly report on key activities, actions and plans.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management or board of directors
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month