Laboratory Assistant Jobs in Lindi
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children. The Institute is charged with carrying out, controlling, coordinating, registering, monitoring and promoting Health Research in Tanzania. NIMR in collaboration with the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research is implementing a research project titled: “Tackling Obstacles for Fighting Lymphatic Filariasis” (TAKeOFF). The Institute is looking for well-trained, competent and self-motivated candidates to fill the following vacant positions within the Project.
LABORATORY ASSISTANT – 1 position
Job Location: Lindi (Kilwa DC, Lindi DC, Lindi MC)
Reports to: Principal Investigator of the Project
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting Laboratory Technicians and Technologists to perform basic laboratory investigations.
- Maintaining general cleanliness of laboratory glass ware and equipments.
- Collecting blood (venous or finger Prick) from patients for testing and/or preserving for future use.
- Keeping records of laboratory investigations carried out in the register.
- Performing any other related duties as assigned by Supervisors.
- Holder of Diploma in one of the following fields: Medical Laboratory Sciences, Laboratory Science and Technology, or Health Laboratory Technology. The candidate must be registered by Health Laboratory Practitioners Council.
Duration of contract: One-year, renewable subject to availability funds.
Note: Applicants from Lindi region are highly encouraged to apply; and female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Salary will be offered as per NIMR’s Staff Regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than 09th January, 2022 to the address below. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research
3 Barack Obama Drive
P.O. Box 9653
11101 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 January 2022.
- Address Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month