Job Openings: Logistics management trainee
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Logistics Management Trainee
Location;Dar es salaam, Arusha, Mwanza, Mbeya
Roles and responsibilities:
- Primary focuses on inventory management.
- Take part in weekly and monthly inventory counts by ensuring
- On time and quality inventory reporting
- Generate Inventory movements and shrinkage reports
- Continuously have a clear line of visibility on OOS, updating the tracker on a real time basis, to give visibility to the Branch Logistic Manager for support on the replenishment cycle
- Document and track on a real time basis all price conflicts (where PO value / quantity is not equal to supplier AP invoice value / quantity) thus giving visibility to the branch Logistics Manager for resolution, escalation and support
- Document and track all supplier deliveries to provide valuable insights to the Branch Logistics Manager for replenishment cycle adjustment / review
- Lead communication on inventory related issues to the business through the branch logistics Manager for strategic decision / support where necessary
- Analyse branch inventory movement reports and surface analytics to the Branch Logistics Manager for ease of decision making
- Ensure that customers order loading prioritize orders based on when it was generated
- Ensure full order fulfilment in terms of qualities and quantity
- Take part in good housekeeping practices to ensure products are in good hygiene storage and delivery conditions
- Compile customer complaints in relation to products and paymentsPrimarily focus on inventory management.
- Any other role as may be assigned by the Branch Logistics manager
Qualifications: Logistics Management Trainee
- Fresh graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management or equivalent work attachment.
- Strategic thinking and excellent interpersonal communication skills are crucial for this role
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month