Monitoring Jobs in Dar es salaam-Job opportunity at IMA World Heath
IMA World Heath In concert with Corus International
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director
Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 500 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world’s most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
Corus International’s country portfolio in Tanzania has worked alongside the Tanzanian government, donors, and a variety of local and international partners since 1997. Programs reach marginalized communities through increasing access to quality health services. Central to its health system strengthening programming, IMA World Health in collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health promotes an emphasis on nutrition services and healthy behaviors to reduce malnutrition, improve population life spans, and reduce out-of-pocket health costs. The portfolio includes a focus on sustainable development assistance in nutrition, maternal and child health, and neglected tropical diseases activities and operates out of Dar es Salaam.
About the Job: IMA World Health is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director to lead the monitoring of an anticipated USAID-funded Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition activity in Tanzania (Njombe, Iringa, Rukwa, Songwe, and Kigoma).
The 5-year project with focus on 1) increasing coverage of quality nutrition services at health facilities and within communities; 2) improving consumption of safe, nutritious foods; and 3) increasing capacity of district level councils to utilize data, plan, budget and deliver quality nutrition services.
In coordination with the Chief of Party, the MEL Director will design the project’s MEL Plan and Performance Measurement Plan. S/he will be responsible for designing and leading the development and day-to-day supervision of an MEL system to track data of the project performance framework targets and indicators to measure progress toward project objectives and expected results. The MEL Director will ensure quality routine data collection, data entry, data analysis, and timely reporting, under the project Performance Measurement Plan, inclusive of subcontractor data collection. The MEL Director will oversee routine data quality assurance exercises and participate as needed in MEL supervisory visits with USAID, the Ministry staff, with the focus on improving monitoring systems, data quality and data use at project sites. Coordinating closely with project staff, partners, and other key stakeholders, the MEL Director oversees the data and project analysis, interpretation, and tracking of all project data as well as documents and disseminates lessons learned, best practices, and other project deliverables.
The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will report to Chief of Party. Actual hiring is contingent upon signed agreement and USAID approval. Tanzanian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
- Provide day-to-day implementation of all MEL related activities under the project.
- Design and contribute to development of quantitative and qualitative tools and implementation of robust context-appropriate systems for data collection, quality assurance, analysis and reporting on activity outputs/outcomes and program quality.
- Oversee team that conducts data collection, entry, verification, analysis, and reporting on actual achievements against set targets, highlighting emerging patterns and offers clear reports on findings and conclusions.
- Ensures high quality data is reported.
- Operationalize a project collaborative learning and adaptive (CLA) approach by leading its implementation as per the MEL plan.
- Provide support for the recruitment of consultants and temporary field staff for MEL related activities.
- Ensure high quality data quality, integrity and security standards and procedures are in place and are aligned with country national monitoring and evaluation guidelines, protocols, information, and reporting systems.
- Conduct analysis and contribute to preparation of required, periodic project reporting by capturing performance results and ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes.
- Monitor implementation of learning agenda for identification of best practices and lessons learned and for adaptive and knowledge management.
- Provide data use training, mentoring, and coaching to project and subcontractor staff.
- Engage with public and private sector partners and local stakeholders to monitor the progress and success of activities.
- Design a reporting system that ensures regular data flow and utilization and provides insights on activity performance and areas, contributing towards strategic decision-making and project planning with project leadership.
- Work closely with project leadership, including partners and local stakeholders, to develop and implement a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration, and adaptation to further the project’s learning agenda.
- Participate in relevant M&E technical working groups and coordinating bodies; work with relevant USAID, ministry departments and project staff on project-linked M&E as appropriate.
- Contribute to development and sharing of information and knowledge products with all relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Contribute to annual workplan preparation in the design of MEL activities.
- Master’s degree in statistics, monitoring and evaluation, demography, social science, mathematics, economics, or relevant discipline. Significant study in the nutrition field, international development and/or program monitoring and evaluation preferred.
- At least eight years of experience in the design and implementation of MEL in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs, preferably in nutrition.
In-depth understanding of and expertise in USAID nutrition indicators, performance monitoring plans and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of high-quality reports.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Experience working with USAID funded projects in M&E capacity
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Deep knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Tanzania required, with experience working in Tanzania preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, including both written and oral presentation skills; proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- English fluency with professional proficiency in writing required; knowledge of Swahili is an asset
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites within Tanzania
To apply, please go to https://corus.applicantpro.com/jobs/2578270.html and follow the instructions for applying online.
IMA World Health/Corus International is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, Corus makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify Corus’s Human Resources department
- Address Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, Dar es salaam, ,Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month