New Finance and Accounting Jobs in Dar es salaam
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Dar-es-Salaam – Tanzania
Type of Contract: Full Time
Expected Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration of initial contract: 1 Year (Renewable)
Under the overall guidance of the Managing Director and direct supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance and Accounting Officer will be responsible for preparing financial reports and maintaining records of assets, liabilities revenue and expenditure, payments, and other financial activities. Handling the financial record keeping of the organization, preparing invoices, recording payments, and managing the expenses of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the financial health of HISP Tanzania, ensuring that objectives are met and accurate records are maintained in line with HISP Tanzania standards, procedures, and statutory requirements.
• Implementing, developing, and monitoring sound financial practices for HISP Tanzania in the most time-efficient and cost-effective manner and in line with legislation and recognized financial standards.
• Implementing monthly budget, initiating payments through M-Pesa and online Banking.
• Posting all payments in the Quick Books accounting system and raising reports.
• Controlling and monitoring cash outflows from the budget.
• Maintain database for all project budgets and update their actual expenditures daily.
• Preparing monthly organization financial reports.
• Preparing monthly reports on Petty cash transactions.
• Controlling staff imprest and posting on the system and ensuring no fund is disbursed when the previous imprest has not been retired.
• Doing payroll process monthly and posting.
• Assisting in Audit queries during auditing.
• Assist in other duties assigned by the head of finance and administration.
• Doing procurement activities.
• In addition, the Employee will be responsible to ensure HISP Tanzania maintains its legal obligations in terms of the recording and reporting of its financial activities and the payment of taxes, filing returns, and other demands in line with statutory requirements.
Knowledge, Work Experience, Skills, and Abilities
Level of Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
• A Professional in CPA & ACCA in the related field is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 2 years of work experience in the Finance and/or Accounting field.
Competence/ Abilities/Skills Required:
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and think independently.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills both oral and written.
The work is conducted in an office environment which presents limited exposure to job-related hazards.
The interested applicant should send a cover letter and CV to: [email protected] with the subject “ Finance and Accounting Officer Position” by COB 31 May 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HISP Tanzania is committed to developing your leadership skills and challenging you to grow professionally
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month