Relationship Manager Agribusiness – Dar es salaam
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To provide advice and support in the development and implementation of business development management planning and associated service delivery processes, methods and techniques; enabling the provision of sound business development expertise.
1. Business Growth
- Develop an annual business Agribusiness plan for the Unit and contribute to the overall business strategy for the Retail Banking Department to ensure that plans are developed and implemented in line with clear business objectives and goals that support the overall Bank strategy.
- Identify and negotiate business opportunities with Agribusiness clients and develop overall strategies for business development in order to increase the Retail business in line with annual business targets.
- Manage and enhance existing business relationships to ensure the retention of good customers in line with business needs.
- Conduct reviews of the Agribusiness Retail loan portfolio and recommend appropriate interventions to ensure it performs in line with approved performance indicators and targets.
- Liaise with all stakeholders for example, clients, government institutions, the Central Bank and other financial institutions to ensure that the Banks interests are properly represented and safeguarded.
- Prepare all agribusiness reports to ensure sound quality control and recommend appropriate interventions in line with policy.
- Prepare Agribusiness Retail client appraisals and review appraisals and portfolio reports, to ensure credit is granted in line with the credit policies and procedures.
- Review loan portfolios and recommend appropriate interventions to ensure it performs in line with approved performance indicators and targets.
- Contribute towards review of the credit manual to ensure that new developments in the lending, operating, business and regulatory environment are adequately considered and incorporated in the Credit Policy and Credit Manual
- Support branches in selling of bank agribusiness products and services to ensure growth of Assets, deposits and income from the Retail segment in line with business strategy.
- Timely perfection of legal documents and administer reports to ensure proper record keeping and compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Provide specialist insight and guidance into a sector in order to strategically inform management decision making and business development, thereby strengthening income and profitability in identified sectors.
- To do any other duties as assigned to you by your supervisors.
2. Product Development
- Team up with Product Development team in developing new agribusiness products.
- Develop and maintain agribusiness product catalogue
- Monitor effectiveness of Agribusiness products by reviewing relevant products reports on a monthly basis to determine the effective of the product.
- In collaboration with Product team, review and advise on agribusiness products pricing periodically to ensure they are remained competitive in the market.
3. Risk Management
- Respond to queries related to agribusiness and provide all necessary information needed during internal and external audit.
- Ensure compliance to agribusiness guidelines in all engagements
- Monitor performance of agribusiness loans on monthly basis and advise prompt action to be taken by branches for delinquent cases.
- Work closely with branches to ensure adherence to all terms and condition of approved loans.
4. Role / Person Specification
4.1 Education and Experience Required
- Masters /Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Agri-business and experience in Agricultural financing Industry
- At least 3 Years’ experience in Agricultural financing
- Extensive experience and knowledge on agribusiness
- Excellent understanding of Agricultural Products
- Extensive experience and knowledge on agricultural financing.
4.2 Relevant Competencies:
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Business analysis skills
- Ability to organize and manage stakeholders engagements
- Deciding and initiating action
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Sales Management (Meets some of the requirements and would need further develop
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month
- Ref. R-15926111