Relationship Manager Microfinance – Dar es salaam
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To provide advice and support in the development and implementation of business development management planning and associated service delivery processes, methods and techniques; enabling the provision of sound business development expertise.
1. Business Growth
- Develop and maintain business relationship with existing and potential customers and act as bank’s key contact person to Microfinance customers
- Initiate and conduct customer engagements such as focus groups, customer forums, workshops aimed at identify customer needs, building and strengthen relationships with customers in order to retain them and create loyalty
- Engagement with various stakeholders for the purpose of growing Micro Small Enterprise business book
- To conduct clinics to Branch staff dealing with Microfinance customers to ensure their performance is aligned with business goals and objectives
- Follow up sales lead and pipelines to maturity across branches.
- Participate in developing operating procedures and processes.
- Review loan portfolio and recommend appropriate interventions to ensure it performs in line with approved performance indicators and targets
- Support Manager Microfinance on Soliciting and managing guarantee funds to enhance security cover to MSE loan portfolio.
- Ensure compliance to Microfinance lending procedures in all engagements
- Support branches to solicit deposits from Microfinance customers in order to meet Retail liability targets
- Benchmark bank’s products and services to that of competitors in the market and advice improvement whenever needed.
- Explore, initiate and nurture emerging business leads/opportunities for growth Microfinance business across branches.
- Monitor and ensure Micro small enterprises loan portfolio is good and within the acceptable portfolio at risk levels.
- Perform other duties as may be directed or assigned by his/her supervisor
2. Product Development
- Collaborate with Product team in developing new products to suit Micro Small Enterprises customers and ensure training and launches are done in accordance to bank procedures
- Develop and maintain a product catalogue for Microfinance business
- Monitor effectiveness of microfinance products by reviewing relevant products reports on a monthly basis to determine the effective of the product.
- In collaboration with Product team, review and advise on proper pricing of Microfinance products in order to remain competitive in the market.
3. Risk Management
- Respond to queries related to microfinance business and provide the necessary information needed during internal and external audit.
- Ensure compliance to Microfinance procedures in all engagements
- Monitor performance of Microfinance on monthly and advise prompt action to be taken by braches for delinquent cases.
- Work closely with branches to ensure adherence to all terms and condition of approved loans.
- Ensure compliance issues are addressed along with the solutions during development of the new Microfiance Products.
- In collaboration with Credit Unit, to participate on the review of the Credit Policy and Credit Manual to incorporate new product developments in the microfinance lending, operating, business and regulatory environment.
4. Role / Person Specification
4.1 Education Requirement
Masters /Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Agri-business and any other related field with experience in Microfinance Industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Microfinance filed
- Significant understanding of microfinance business with proven success in developing client relationships and delivery of solutions to the bottom of the banking pyramid.
4.3 Other relevant Requirement
- Ability to work under pressure in complex environment including travelling to upcountry
- Sound understanding of Microfinance products and services
- Self-motivated, innovative with ability to initiate and lead change.
- Excellent knowledge of banking operations and financial markets in Tanzania
- Well-developed analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Strong credit analysis skills
- Excellent communication (English and Kiswahili), numerical, analytical and report writing skills
- Strong computer skills; proficient in outlook, word, excel and power point
- Managerial and leadership skills (Analytical, Conceptual and resourcefulness)
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills for both internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Sales Management (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month
- Ref. R-15926123