Senior teachers/instructors Jobs in Dodoma & Lindi
Senior teachers/instructors in welding, plumbing and industrial mechanics for curriculum testing and training of trainers (short-term assignments)
Position: short-term trainer/instructor
Project Status: tender
Project Title: KOICA Tanzania – Provision of short courses in 3 vocational training centres
Project Period: 03/2022 – 12/2023
Duration of Assignment: short-term, 220 working days for 3 teachers in total
Country / Duty Station: Tanzania / Dodoma, Babati and Lindi
The KOICA-funded E4DT project will contribute to achieving the overall objective of the regional E4D programme. The specific contributions have been formulated as follows: (1) E4DT will ensure that supported vocational training offers in Tanzania are labour market oriented; (2) The preconditions for a successful transition from training to jobs at selected Tanzanian vocational training institutions are improved; and (3) Public-private cooperation related to employment promotion in Tanzania is improved. It is expected that as a result of E4DT, at least 1.500 Tanzanians receive an employment opportunity or increase their income by at least 10%. A large part of the E4DT project is to be implemented by a contractor “tenderer”). The specific measures that the contractor is expected to carry out are described in this document.
The project sites for the E4DT project are the three VETA Regional Vocational Training and Service Centres (RVTSC – “VETA Centres”) in Dodoma, Babati, and Lindi which are owned and operated by the Government of Tanzania. These sites were chosen based on demand by the Tanzanian Government as well as industrial activities in these regions.
Tasks of the teachers/instructors:
- Teaching of the three short-courses with a small number of trainees for curricula testing purposes, provision of feedback to curricula developers and to VETA
- Provision of training to at least 30 selected VETA teachers per short-course to capacitate them for the rollout of the short-courses at the partner VETA Centres
- Advising the Team Leader and Technical Adviser on quality assurance throughout the life cycle of the project.
Qualifications of the teachers/instructors:
- Education/training: university degree (master’s or equivalent) in pedagogy, TVET and/or education
- Language: fluency English and in Swahili.
- At least 10 years of professional experience each in the education sector
- At least 10 years of professional experience as TVET teachers/instructors, particularly for welding, industrial plumbing and industrial mechanics and experience in the provision of workshop training
- 10 years of work experience in Tanzania
How to apply:
Applications of interested candidates may be sent to Ms Romy Rösner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application by: 29/12/2021
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month