At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The Network Operations Specialist focuses upon the provision of network operations advice and administration and provides monitoring, operation and management of efficient and effective networks services fulfilling the Vodafone Strategy. The Network Operations Specialist has a good understanding of established concepts and procedures in monitoring network nodes, executing event/incident management, configuration, escalation, release and deployment and 3rd party management activities, ensuring a high quality, reliable network service is available to our customers. Typically reports to the Network Operations Manager.
- Advices and executes administrative activities of network operations including project initiations, system requirements, incident management and cost base management;
- Operational excellence, solving problems through development of methods;
- Supports the team to deliver activities related to preventive maintenance, PW, acceptance tests;
- Conducts activities according to the highest level of operations standards in line with KPIs, (e.g. making sure planned outages don’t exceed the given time limit):Effectively interacts with colleagues to ensure the availability, performance and scalability of the network systems and to support the achievement of the Network Operations strategy;
- Performs assigned tasks in line with process, updating internal parterns accordingly and ensures customer SLA delivery, service availability, quality and continuity assurance;
- Delivers tasks related to Customer Service assurance with focus on high availability, minimum restoration times and customer management;
- Provides support to maintain solid relations with vendors and partners;
- Uses administrative experience to plan, schedule, implement and test new services, new features and network expansions;
- Supports and contributes to the consolidation of the Service Assurance function for IT and Networks, (incidents, problems and change management) for both fixed and mobile;
- Understands the needs and contributes to ensure actions and escalations are routed/highlighted as necessary, (both internally and/or externally), to achieve service restoration, in case of faults;
- Performs other job-related duties or tasks defined by the supervisor or resulting from assigned agendas.
Competence and Qualifications
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Business acumen & awareness
- Problem Analysis and fast resolution skills
- Effective communication skills – oral and written
- IP Networks Design and Troubleshooting Skills
- Teamwork and stakeholder management skills
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- University Degree in Telecommunications/Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent
- At least 4 years’ experience in Telecommunications Operations
- Experience of working with multiple suppliers/vendors/partners i.e. CISCO, Juniper, Huawei etc
- Knowledge of mobile telecommunications network architectures/ technologies
- Experience in IP Services operation
- Certifications in IP related fields particularly CCNA/CCNP, JNCA, CCNSP/CCNSE
- Certification in Network Security field, SNRS, SNPA, CISSP
- Must be able and willing to work outside normal working hours when required to do so
- Willing to travel extensively and sometimes at short notice
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month