Technician Jobs *3 position in Geita
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technician 1 – OP Geotech
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Technical Service
Re porting to: Superintendent – OP Geotech
Number of Positions: Three (3)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to provide assistance in undertaking open pit field support work for geotechnical engineers, ensuring that field data collection and implementation of geotechnical risk mitigation measures meets the required quality and accuracy for assigned open pit mine(s).
- Certificate of secondary Education Examination (CSEE) plus a Certificate in Minerals deposits OR Full Technician Certificate in Minerals Deposits, mining Engineering or Diploma in a Geology related field i.e., Minerals Resources Technology from recognized tertiary institute.
- At least 1 – 3 years’ working experience as geotechnical or engineering geology in Underground environment.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Safety is our first value. Incumbent shall be accountable for assisting in identifying and ranking the risks in a work area and for team
- Assist in undertaking timely collection of geotechnical logging data using approved logging methods (e.g. fracture frequency per meter, rock mass characterization, strength testing sampling, major structures) from identified diamond drilling holes.
Geotechnical Field Mapping
- Assist in undertaking timely collection of geotechnical mapping data using the approved mapping method (e.g., line mapping, Sirovision, major structure mapping) to ensure adequate coverage of critical pit slopes for the assigned open pit mine(s).
Installation and Maintenance of open pit slope Monitoring Equipment
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of ground stability monitoring instruments (prisms, extensometers, slope stability radars) using approved work methods
- Ensure installation and maintenance is undertake as per schedule and meets the required quality.
Geotechnical assessment of ground conditions for open pit slopes
- To assist in undertaking routine open pit inspections (bench face, berms, post rain, waste dump, post blast) to ensure potential signs of ground instability are identified in time to protect personnel and equipment.
Open pit excavations monitoring
- To assist in undertaking supervision of final wall scaling in geotechnically sensitive areas to ensure scaling activities are undertaken safely
- Computer literate – Proficiency in Micro Office products / Basic computer skills specifically MS Excel.
- Able to show in initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with planning and production personnel
- Off Road / mine site driving experience and holder of a Valid Tanzania Driver’s license
- Demonstrable leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working
- Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
- Demonstrate a good commitment to deriver
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technician 1 – OP Geotech”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website www.geitamine.com for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 02nd January 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month
- Ref. 17728