Kikosi cha Yanga vs Mtibwa Sugar leo 13 September 2022 Starting Line Up
Yanga, or Young Africans Sports Club, is a Tanzanian football club headquartered in Jangwani, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The club was founded in 1935 and plays its home games at the Benjamin Mkapa Stadium.
The team, nicknamed “Yanga” (Young Boys), has won 28 league titles and a number of domestic cups, as well as competing in various CAF Champions League seasons. They have five CECAFA Club Championships to their name.
The club became associated with the anti-colonial movement. Young Africans identified with nationalists and independence warriors, inspiring the political party TANU to choose yellow and green as its major colors. The club is now in the process of retaining 49% of the club’s ownership for investors and the remaining 51% for club members.
The club has a long-standing rivalry with Simba, with whom they compete in the Dar es Salaam (better known as Kariakoo) derby. As one of the most renowned African derbies, the rivalry was placed fifth.
- Matokeo Awamu ya Pili-NACTE SECOND SELECTION 2022/2023
- Msimamo NBC Tanzania Premier League 2022/2023 Table Standings
- Magazeti ya leo 11.09.2022-Big news of Tanzania newspapers today 11.09.2022