Our Client, a Plantation and Manufacturing Company is looking for a qualified candidate to monitor the logistics ops room. He or she will be responsible for the provision of an essential link between the company’s asset location data and stakeholders. This is facilitated through the installation and monitoring of GPS trackers, tracking database and software. The qualified candidate is expected to perform timely duties with utmost integrity, accuracy and punctuality while maintaining highest level of professionalism.
- Tracking of truck locations by GPS system.
- Monitoring truck driver performance to identify trends, poor driving behavior, etc
- To manage fuel usage system to ensure optimal usage of fuel.
- Ensuring strict compliance with company regulations by drivers.
- Identifying on-road exceptions and taking immediate remedial action.
- Co-ordinating and responding to emergency situations.
- Liaising with drivers, operations personnel and management.
- Entails shift work (day/night).
- Make Allocation and De-allocation for vehicles and driver.
- Provides detailed reports of vehicle locations and times from the GPS database.
- Make Daily Reports from GPS System Vehicle Daily Usage – speed violation – Activity Detail Report etc.
- Make routes to know any distance between any places.
- Pre and post vehicle delivery inspections.
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance schedules to ensure that they are maintained in a safe and roadworthy condition.
- Advise staff on all legal and compliance matters relating to vehicles.
- Review of weekly and monthly reports and summarizing pertinent points.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- A university degree with Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar field and position.
- Excellent communication skills Analytical self-starter.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Road transport background preferred.
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month