New 2 Job Opportunities at THPS
Position: Assistant Data Officers
Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health
(MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services.
THPS has been awarded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through
Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (DGMQ) to implement a project titled “Strengthening COVID-19 vaccine delivery among Refugee Settings in in Tanzania (SCoRe)”. The goal of the project is to improve COVID-19 awareness and uptake among refugees, their family and health care workers (HCWs) in Nyarugusu and Nduta refugee camps while simultaneously strengthening the overall vaccine delivery system for long term impact on fighting vaccine preventable diseases.
THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Job Title: Assistant Data Officers (2 Posts)
Reports to: Project Coordinator-Score Project
Position Location: Kigoma
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the available Data Clerks in the facilities to ensure that all clients vaccinated at the facilities and during community campaigns are properly documented in the COVID-19 register and data entry of COVID-19 vaccination uptake for both PLHIV and general population is up to date and complete clearing of all Chanjo Covid and Patch Excel data entry backlog.
- Audit entry of COVID-19 Vaccination (i.e. partially and fully vaccinated) done by Data Clerks for all COVID-19 register and databases.
- Work with HCWs at the facility to make sure COVID-19 register fields are filled properly and together develop structured data filling workflow at each health facility.
- Assist Data clerks to ensure that COVID-19 registers are neatly kept and easily accessible when needed
- Conduct COVID-19 vaccination data entry (both from facilities and communities) into the National Chanjo Covid system including conducting data reviews and validations at facilities and district level as required
- Ensure all project reports daily, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports are of high quality and are produced and submitted on time and entered into Patch Excel
- Work with HCWs to identify clients eligible for second dose, generating the list for easy follow-up.
- Work with HCWs to identify clients in MMD who are not vaccinated, develop weekly list for HCWs to trace and offer COVID-19 vaccination in outreach.
- Provide necessary support on data requests at facility or district level
- Work very closely with Data clerks to conduct daily, weekly and monthly tracking of all COVID-19 vaccinated clients from all vaccination points at facility and community level ensuring proper documentation of these clients for easy tracking
- Actively participate in COVID-19 QI related activities and ensuring provision of accurate data on monitored indicators by the QI team within respective assigned facilities
- Conduct routine analysis of data and display of key set of COVID-19 indicator progress on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis, and share findings with the facility/district for use and for decision making
- Ensure timely report compilation and submission as requested by the SI team or technical team in your region
- Conduct monthly data cleaning exercise for respective site/s
- Conduct routine data checks on COVID-19 vaccinated client information entered into database on a daily/weekly basis
- Participate in internal DQAs with R/DIVOs
- Mentor HCWs and facility Data Clerks on COVID-19 vaccination proper documentation and data management
- Build working relationship regional and district immunization and vaccination officers (R/DIVOs) to provide technical support in planning, coordination and supervision of COVID-19 vaccination data in the district
- Work with R/CHMTs to organize stakeholder’s meetings and joint supportive supervision.
Knowledge and qualifications
The applicant MUST have the following minimum qualifications;
- Recognized education in Computer science, Statistics, Health Informatics, Public Health or related disciplines with an advanced diploma or first degree
- At least one-year experience working in HIV and /or vaccination programs.
- Analytical and communication skills, ability to assimilate and process information for diverse audiences.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft package (Excel, word processor and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with computer graphics, data visualization or geospatial information systems.
- Working experience in a health facility setting with good knowledge of HIV interventions and tools
- Staff training capabilities
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Exceptional ability to self-organize with attention to detail.
- Skills focus on results and accountability
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 3rd June, 2022 with a position tittle as a subject line, for example ‘’Assistant Data Officers’’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; youth, women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Complete Guide Jobs and interview Tips
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month