Project and Fixed Assets Accountant
- Evaluate UTTL projects as per Unilever guidelines
- Manage all Unilever Projects, including project Appraisal, analysis and costing of the project
- Uploading all CAPEX proposal in Marlin system for approval as plantation SOA
- Prepare monthly CAPEX report and PPE schedule by 5th of every month. Ensure monthly capex reports are being submitted on time, all issues are resolved on time as well.
- Monitor project costs on monthly basis to ensure they are captured and allocated correctly and in line with approved budget.
- Taking lead in Capex forecasting and external capex reporting.
- Maintain the projects -related records including proposals, business cases, contracts and change orders.
- Verify all the invoices, remittances and payment advice related to Project before payment.
- Update Fixed Asset Register on Monthly basis and ensure all assets are tagged. Make sure Asset tagging exercise is being conducted after every six months.
- Verifying all assets/scraps identified by unit managers for disposal as a supporting on disposal approval process.
- Ensure capitalization of Assets is being done on time and as per IAS 16 (When the asset is deemed to be ready for use by the Management), do a physical verification before capitalization.
- Conduct verification of fixed assets after every three years and resolve any variances.
- Post depreciation charges every month for total company and check that correct rates are being applied, a reconciliation between Asset register and Trial balance to be done by 15th of every month and submit a report to the financial and controls officer.
- Ensure disposed assets are removed from Asset register timely and additions updated as well on time.
- Maintain Fixed assets records, FA movement schedule and reconcile FA register to the ledger on monthly basis.
- Provide partnership to stakeholders i.e engineers and head of units through technical support and training.
- Responsible for WIP management i.e tracking projects implementation and building up of costs
- Input capex proposals into the system and ensure authorization is being done as per approved schedule of authority.
- Do a monthly reconciliation on system computed depreciation, ensure all assets with NBV are being depreciated and No Asset with Nil value is being depreciated.
- Ensure proper posting of project costs and assist in providing accurate codes for posting various projects.
- Helps the Company in driving effective asset management and ensure UTTL assets are being well maintained.
- Build capacity among all project teams and participate in regular project, meetings to track spend update partners.
- Ensuring that all project is approved before spending, report to the finance manager any anomalies.
- Provide information and explanations for internal and external auditors.
- Monthly commentaries as per allocated department and ensure the movement is well explained and do make sense.
- Do a proper reconciliation between capex payments made against PO’s issued monthly, ensure a report is checked by the financial and controls officer and the finance manager.
- Verify online payment as per guideline.
- Set targets for direct reports.
- Custodian of all Insurance matters
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Supervisor or Finance Manager.
- Experience in people management
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building
- Employee coaching and development skills
- ·Bachelor of Commerce in Finance.
- ·2 to 4 years’ experience in Accounting Professionals.
- Leadership Behaviours/Competencies
- Should “meet expectations” on the Standards of Leadership behaviours or competencies relevant to the WL of this job
- Growth Mindset Accountability and Responsibility
- Building Talent and Teams
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month
- Ref. R-27982