TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are ENABEL, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies in Health Services sector.
PROJECT COORDINATOR (1 POSITION)
Duty Station: Kigoma Region
Reports to: Director of Health Services
Age Limit: Not above 45 years
- Work towards the achievement of the Tanzania Red Cross goals, through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities.
- Develop short, medium and long term strategies for the implementation of program development plans in reflection to the work plan, time line and budget allocated for the project
- Keep an updated register of all Fixed Assets of the National Society in the program including Buildings, Motor vehicles, Motorcycles, Furniture etc. The Fixed Asset register should bear identification numbers and ensure its report is prepared and submitted to TRCS HQs on half yearly basis.
- Prepare periodic (Monthly & Quarterly) progress and annual reports on the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Nutrition project and share it with District and Regional Management Committee before submitting it to Director of Health Services who is a direct report line.
- Provides specialized administrative support in the development, implementation, and marketing of program/project function.
- Serves as a central point of contact between Tanzania Red Cross Society and the Donors/Partners, Local Government Authority, external constituencies on day-to-day programmatic, operational, and administrative matters; assists with seminars, meetings, special projects, and/or general problem resolution.
- Coordinates activities of support to staff, consultants, faculty, and/or volunteers engaged in implementation and administration of program objectives.
- Monitors and administers program/project revenues and expenses; may develop or participate in the development of funding proposals for the program.
- Writes, edits, and coordinates development of course catalogues, promotional materials, educational materials, training manuals, newsletters, and/or brochures, as appropriate to the program.
- Maintains program/project records, researches information and gathers and computes various data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
- Performs or delegates clerical and administrative support tasks, including creation, typing, and editing of program correspondence, purchasing documents, reports, program handbooks, and other publications.
- Actively participates in the identification and writing of proposals based on the needs observed.
- May perform specialized activities of a programmatic nature in direct support of the accomplishment of program objectives and protocol.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the TRCS Regional Branch and the
- Shares and acts in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent fundamental principles and humanitarian values.
- Monitors project budget and track expenditures/transactions and handle project related financial administration
- Demonstrated commitment to safe sustainability working practices;
- Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables;
- Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong management skills of human, material and financial resources;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong mentoring, training and coaching to junior colleagues;
- Comfortable and Capable of Leading Teams;
- Knowledge of health, specifically in the sector of sexual and reproductive health and nutrition, as well as of the national and regional health strategies and plans;
- Advanced project management knowledge: logical framework matrix, timeline of activities ü Strong ability to multitask with a strong understanding of core logistic duties.
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor Degree in health-related /Social science.
- At least 2 years of international cooperation projects’ management
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health and/or nutrition projects will be valued
- Previous work experience in women empowerment projects, Spanish Red Cross funded projects and working in Kigoma region is an added advantage.
- Previous experience working with Community Health Workers
- Previous work experience in managing campaigns for raising health community awareness.
- Experience in project management in Tanzania will be valued
- Strong management of Microsoft Office package
- Have an excellent knowledge of relevant national and regional rules, regulations and guidelines regarding reproductive health and nutrition services.
- Knowledge of basic agriculture techniques is advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV through online form (Copy either of the link below NOT BOTH, paste it on your browser and proceed filling the form the Submit) https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/5uwKuYZ2 OR
clearly fill in the form indicating the role applied for not later than December 21st,2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified). Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [[email protected]].
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 December 2021.
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month