CRS in Tanzania works in very close collaboration with the catholic Churches and implements programs through both Churches and secular local partners. CRS has been helping poor, vulnerable families improve their lives through orphans and vulnerable children, agriculture, health, microfinance and WASH programming in Tanzania since 1962.
The WASH Project Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation of WASH project activities as well as providing technical guidance and leadership to the project team. The WASH Manager will also ensure that health related activities are focused on the development of appropriate environmental health and behavior change interventions as part of the overall WASH project.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• To ensure the planning, implementation and monitoring of the WASH projects are strategically align and effectively contribute to the CRS Country Program’s Strategy
• Ensure that all activities are properly coordinated with Charity Water and local partners for the project;
• Collaborate with key stakeholders such as Regional secretariats, Local Government Authorities in all selected districts, Ward and Village Development Committees in carrying out field activities of water, sanitation and hygiene projects;
• To support partner organizations in the identification, prioritization, planning and design of water and sanitation projects including ensuring that sustainability issues have been adequately addressed
• Support the monitoring, registration and regulation of community water supply entities in respective project area and ensure partners can provide necessary training and support to communities to build capacity to effectively manage and sustain their water supplies.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of sector and best practice to ensure that the projects stay at the forefront of practice and disseminate appropriately within team and other staff.
• Ensure that WASH projects are fully documented, and that project information are kept up to date, with key documents are readily available
• Ensure that relevant project reports are completed accurately, on time and submitted as appropriate
• Manage, motivate and develop team members to maximize their contribution to the team and their own professional development.
• Ensure reasonable care is taken of self and others in the workplace including team members according to health and safety policy and principles.
• Ensure financial efficiency and value for money principles are integrated in the implementation of project activities.
• Represent CRS on relevant committees and at external meetings and functions when requested
Basic Qualifications and experience
• Master’s degree in Public health, Environmental Health, Social Sciences/Development studies/Engineering or any other related field.
• Must have experience in Project Management all with a minimum of three years at a senior level.
• Must have experience in participatory project planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation mostly in Community based water, sanitation, and hygiene projects.
• Ability to provide capacity building/facilitation in planning and implementing development projects to an agreed work plan.
• Experience of working with Local Government and NGOs along with an understanding of the issues involved.
• Experience in project planning and budget monitoring.
• Experience of developing and monitoring district-baseddevelopment plans.
• Experience of water resource management issues and how they impact on local water supply projects.
• A thorough knowledge of the Water and Sanitation sector in Tanzania.
Required Languages – English and Swahili.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
• Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
• A demonstrable commitment to excellent documentation and dissemination of project experiences.
• Ability to work effectively in a sometimes-pressured environment.
• Fluency in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SPSS or other statistical packages preferred.
• Knowledge of word processing, CAD and spreadsheet skills.
• Ability to develop and monitor expenditure budgets.
• Ability to place project work in the context of WaterAid’s strategic objectives and to steer that work towards making a strategic contribution.
• Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
– Project Engineer
Key Working Relationships:
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested qualified candidates should submit their letter of application together with their CV in PDF or Word format in a single attachment which outlines their experience and sustainability of the position applied to email address [email protected] not later than 31st December 2021.
• The applicants should clearly state the Job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Female candidates, people with disability and people from other recognized marginalized backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. CRS Tanzania recognizes many people do not have access to university education, limited capacity to travel, women take career breaks to care for family, and physical access for people with disability is limited in some workplaces including in the field. In all recruitments, CRS Tanzania uses a competency-based selection process. This ensures that if a candidate does not have a university degree or many years of experience, their competencies and existing expertise is assessed and valued
Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania