Specialist Dc Servers Infrastructure (1 Position(s))
Job Location :
To plan, organize and drive the evolution of the strategic containerization, virtualization, storage, backup, replication and recovery program that adapts to a rapidly changing business needs while offering key standardized functions across the organization.
- Manages and deliver server infrastructure related projects (Servers, backup and storage systems).
- Develop and Implement effective strategies to improve availability, recoverability, scalability and security on server infrastructure systems (Compute, network and storage–NAS, DAS &SAN nodes).
- Maintain and analyze metrics to identify harmful trends, capacity forecasting and planning inputs.
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the on premise and cloud server infrastructure.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money.
- Stay abreast of industry and operational trends and role players and ensure that the bank is well positioned to provide competitive and industry leading services.
- Perform basic and complex troubleshooting, diagnostic analysis, and replication of technical problems with operating systems and hardware.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the servers’ infrastructure space.
- Provide proactive system monitoring, fix incidents and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN and tape infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- Maintain system uptime (both hardware and software level) on network, storage and compute nodes.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain virtualization, storage, security, backup and redundancy strategies.
- Develop/write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as monitoring with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems and provide 2nd level support.
- Ensure technical documentation exists i.e. policies, processes and procedures for all compute nodes, backup and storage infrastructure.
- Provide real-time reporting of backup storage consumed and utilized resources to include performance metrics for tape and disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends.
- Ability to present technical data in a comprehensive, yet clear manner.
- Expert Virtualization technologies knowledge in CI and HCI arena and centralized backup system administration.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Strong Planning and organizing skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Decision, Conceptual and Analytical skills.
- SLA and Vendor Management skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or any related academic field.
- IT professional certifications in VMware Certified Professional Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-DCV), ITIL, Professional VMware NSX-T Data Center, VMware vSphere with Tanzu Specialist.
- Minimum of three (3) overall years’ experience on server infrastructure support.
Job opening date : 24-Dec-2021
Job closing date : 07-Jan-2022
- Address Dar Es Salaam, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
- Salary Offers Negotiable TZS Negotiable Month